Sunday, April 13, 2008

This week!

This past week has been pretty busy.

Monday- i took my Poppy for some testing at the hospital.

Tuesday- I took my Poppy to the doctor, but we didnt get to see him because he had emergency surgery.
That night we went to dinner with some friends who are moving to Houston very soon. Sniff! Sniff. I am going to miss them terribly as they have become such an important part of my family. We had a wonderful time eating at a local pizza joint.

Wednesday- Brett and Hunter went to the Masters courtesy of Chris! Thanks Chris! I went after lunch and picked Hunter up and Chris went and met Brett to watch the par three. I am so glad that Brett and Chris got to do something together before Chris moves.

Thursday - Summer went to her dads for the weekend and Hunter went to spend the night with Nana so Brett and I went with our friend Heather to eat Mexican! YUM-O!!!!

Friday- I had to take Poppy back to the doctor that we didnt get to see on Monday. We did not get a very good prognosis. My grandfather, it seems, is in his last days on this earth and i am just trying to enjoy the time that we have left together and make him as comfortable as i possibly can. I just am trying to remember that whatever happens it is God's will.
That night we went to dinner at Altanta Bread Company.

Saturday- We got breakfast from Chic-fil-a(as you can tell im not a cooker), I went up to Poppy's for a couple of hours while Brett got his stuff together for his business trip(he is going to a conference in St. Louis). After i got back and got showered and ready to go out we went and ran some errands and picked up a few last minute things that he needed for his trip.
That night he had a "man" shower for a friend that he is in his wedding in June, so Hunter and i just chilled at the house for a bit. After Brett got back we went to some friends for a while and then home to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was cute!!!

Sunday- Today we took Brett to the local airport and he left for his trip. He will be back on Friday. Friday will not get here soon enough!


Please keep Poppy in your prayers and me too. Its pretty hard dealing with all this. BUT i know that through my faith in GOD that he will see me through this.

2 comments:

Brea said...

Hey Mary Beth -- I'll be praying for you girl! Keep the faith!

preacherman said...

I want you to know you and your family are in my prayers. I believe in the power of prayer. A few years ago I was in ICU and God brought me out of it. I am still healing but God's glory is being demonstrated through my life. I praise God for all he has done and continues to do.
I hope this encourages and strengthens you and your family in Christ Jesus. He is our source of hope.
I hope you had a great earth day! :-).
I want you to know that I really enjoyed your blog and look forward to reading more in the future. I want you to know you and your husband or any friends are welcome anytime.
I pray that God's richest blessings fall on your life especially when you need it.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry,
Aka,
Preacherman
1 Tim 4:12